Sunday, July 1, 2012

Two Months Passed...

Eesh, I can't believe it has been a full two months since my last post! But I suppose that's what happens when life smacks you full on.  So, what has happened during the last 2 months?  Well....

As you know, I'm getting married in August, so crafting and planning and scheming, oh my.  I've truly gone insane with the DIY and details. I'll try to post more this week, and catch you up on some of the latest here.

And there was May...which my fiancé decided to kick-off with a heart attack.  Talk about throwing a wrench into things... ;) Truly we are blessed that he is A-ok now.  But the "event" did culminate with an unplanned trip back east, hanging out bedside in ICU. Always fun. Again, VERY blessed.  You wouldn't know anything was wrong with him now.  Thank you Lord! :)

On top of all that madness, I'm still in school.  That's been a nightmare all on its own... :)

But let's talk projects, because really, that's what it's all about!


Here I am brewing the beer for the wedding - so much fun!!


3 weeks and 3 hours of bottling later, the car is loaded with 12 cases of freshly made beer!



And the final product - complete with custom labels, courtesy of To Make Beer, over on Etsy.  And the super awesome beer carriers, with openers built into the handles, you can find those over on Etsy too!  Check out Cold Creek Brewing for all sorts of awesome wooden goodness! :)

I've also been working on the drink ware...  It all started with this Christmas gift from my friend Becky over at The Barefoot Seamstress.

I wanted to get more for the wine, but they're selling for $12 each...and I just thought, well, surely I can glue a candlestick to the jar?  Turns out, I can.  Quite easily in face. ONCE you have the proper glue.  Do NOT use super glue - it turns cloudy and actually breaks loose after a couple days.  What you want is this stuff:


You can get the E-6000 at Michael's or Joann's, but not at Home Depot (note to self). It dries clear like silicone. Super quick and easy, and now I have 2 dozen of the hillbilly glasses for the wine table. :) Oh and I got the candlesticks at www.save-on-crafts.com - seriously my FAVORITE store.  I've been shopping there for a couple years and always find the best deals and coolest items. Love it!


I also got these super cute arrow signs from Save-on-Crafts.  I stained them with coffee (yes, coffee. In fact, coffee left over from my Saturday morning) and then used my new wood burner to make a bunch of direction signs for the ceremony and reception.


And I will conclude this overly long post with a picture of my ever-expanding jar collection.  A small sampling of my jars all cleaned and ready for wildflowers. :)

So, thanks for sticking with me.  I will try try try to be more timely with my updates! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment