Sunday, April 29, 2012

Some Days Just Call For Pie....

Yesterday was virtually a lost day.  I'm generally up and about no later than 8am on the weekends, but yesterday I slept in until after 11am.  A solid twelve hours of sleep, which my body must have been in need of.  It felt good, but the day was nearly shot, though I did manage a trip to the hardware store and nursery for a few new plants, so not a total loss.

Today I was back to my usual self - up and at 'em by 7:30.

I started by breaking out the fabric pennants I've been working on for the wedding.


Only a few hundred left to go! :)

After sewing most of the day, I felt compelled to bake something.  I've been on a strict diet (aren't all brides??) which doesn't allow for...well, certainly not baked goods!  Plus it's been AGES since I baked for me.  

So to the freezer for the strawberries from my fall bounty - small and sweet and scrumptious!  


And a little of my rhubarb.  I LOVE rhubarb.


I tossed in about 1/2 Cup of sugar and 3 Tablespoons Cornstarch, along with a dash or 4 of Cinnamon.  These are not exacting measurements, as I was baking for myself.  I tend to like things a little tart. ;)

Then I whipped up some pie crest, and pulled together these little mini pies, using a muffin tin.


Bake at 350 for about 40 minutes, and then yum!



Tart, berry goodness!!  I confess, I ate 3...before dinner. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment